[QGIS-Developer] QGIS & PROJ 6 & SAGA

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Mon Dec 2 13:39:13 PST 2019

Not to forget, that SAGA GIS evolves very fast. There are several new,
modern algorithms from version to version in the codebase. Normally,
these new algorithms work as expected out of the box (within SAGA GIS).
If not, the small core team find a solution within hours, at least
within a few days.

I am voting for keeping the SAGA GIS LTS version, but find a way to
change from 2.3.x to 7.3.x version.

Saying this, I must also note, that I have no skills with C/C++ and can
not help directly. Apopogoies for this :(  Of course, I can help to test ...

Best wishes,
Rainer Hurling (maintainer of the FreeBSD ports of SAGA GIS and QGIS)