[QGIS-Developer] QScintilla headers not found before compiling

Nils Nolde nilsnolde at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:08:42 PST 2019

Hi all,

I was trying to build the current QGIS master from source on Ubuntu
18.04 following the Github Pages docu:
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc3.
Mostly to try remote plugin debugging in PyCharm.

While scanning the build parameters, ccmake couldn't find
QSCINTILLA_INCLUDE_DIR even though the libqscintilla2-qt5-dev library is
installed (from bionic universe repo). I couldn't locate a
"qsciglobal.h" on my file system either which the cmake recipe
apparently is looking for and nothing in my usual include directories.
Also I couldn't figure out how fix it manually (like copying include
headers from the universe repo source of QScintilla; naive?!). But I'm
not really too familiar with c++ dependency management.. Still working
on that:)

Did anyone get bugged by this before? Or has a clue how to fix it?

Many thanks
Nils