[QGIS-Developer] QScintilla headers not found before compiling

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Sat Dec 14 10:27:58 PST 2019

Hi Nils,

It is not difficult to find out where qsciglobal.h is. Try:
dpkg -L libqscintilla2-qt5-dev | grep qsciglobal.h

On my Ubuntu it is installed in:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/Qsci/qsciglobal.h

If you need it, just add:
-DQSCINTILLA_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5

Hope it works.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

On 14/12/19 18:08, Nils Nolde wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to build the current QGIS master from source on Ubuntu
> 18.04 following the Github Pages docu:
> https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc3.
> Mostly to try remote plugin debugging in PyCharm.
>
> While scanning the build parameters, ccmake couldn't find
> QSCINTILLA_INCLUDE_DIR even though the libqscintilla2-qt5-dev library is
> installed (from bionic universe repo). I couldn't locate a
> "qsciglobal.h" on my file system either which the cmake recipe
> apparently is looking for and nothing in my usual include directories.
> Also I couldn't figure out how fix it manually (like copying include
> headers from the universe repo source of QScintilla; naive?!). But I'm
> not really too familiar with c++ dependency management.. Still working
> on that:)
>
> Did anyone get bugged by this before? Or has a clue how to fix it?
>
> Many thanks
> Nils

J. Gustavo
--