[QGIS-Developer] Working with QgsHistogram seems to be slower than Gdal-numpy

Luis Eduardo luis3176 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 12:35:44 PDT 2020

Greetings, my name is Luis Eduardo, I'm working on a plugin for QGis for general use. The function of the plugin is to create an interface (widget) that displays the histogram of the raster files present and facilitates the analysis of their statistics. Here is a sample (in Spanish)
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/desarrollo-de-una-interfaz-para-el-an%25C3%25A1lisis-capas-en-perez-graterol
The first version uses Gdal and numpy for data handling, but I was recommended to ensure stability and compatibility to replace Gdal with PyQGis. My doubts:1.- I'm doing it, but, I notice that with only PyQGis, it's slower!2.- The histogram, generated with QgsRasterHistogram and with gdal-numpy-matplotlib, seems to differ in frequencies (I have to check this, it could be because of the non data)
It's my first Plugin, I have several other questions, I'll put them gradually :)