[QGIS-Developer] Inconsistencies in QGIS ini path

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:20:14 PDT 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 at 18:28, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> PopOS Flatpack ini:
>
> <PREFIX>/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/<PROFILE NAME>/QGIS/QGIS3.ini

> PopOS deb ini:
>
> <PREFIX>/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/<PROFILE NAME>/QGIS/QGIS3.ini
>
> macOS all in one DMG ini:
>
> <PREFIX>/QGIS3/profiles/<PROFILE NAME>/qgis.org/QGIS3.ini

These ones are all following the operating system's guidance for
storing local configuration. Is this an issue? I'd expect most of the
configuration inside the user profile to be storing relative paths to
the profile folder, not absolute. If not, do you have examples of
settings which store absolute paths?

> PopOS Deb prefix:
>
> ~/.local/share/
>
> macOS all in one DMG prefix:
>
> ~/Library/Application\ Support

Can you elaborate again on why this change break things? Do some
settings have these paths hardcoded in?

> BTW has anyone had any contact with the person making flatpack recipes? I have some other flatpack install related issues to share...

I'll forward you Aleix Pol's email off-list. He's very responsive and
extremely knowledgeable about flatpack!

Nyall