[QGIS-Developer] Blocking of SAGA & GRASS batch files by MS AppLocker

Matthias Heckmann Matthias.Heckmann at gmx.net
Fri Aug 28 10:08:37 PDT 2020

Dear QGIS Developers,

due to recent security measures of my organization, execution of
programs (exe, bat, etc…) is only possible in a certified folder e.g.
C:/Programs/...

The SAGA integration in QGIS is based on the creation and execution of a
temporal .bat file (“SAGA_batch_job.bat”) createt in
%OSDRIVE%\USERNAME\AppData\QGIS\QGIS3\PROFILES\DEFAULT\PROCESSING\SAGA_BATCH_JOB.BAT
calling SAGA from the command prompt with the individual parameters of
the respective tool.

Similarly GRASS uses a .bat file (Grass_Batch_job.cmd) for some tools
and OTB and others also use executable files in folders outside the QGIS
programm folder structure.

These batch files/executable files get blocked by the Microsoft Windows
AppLocker
Is there a possibility to relocate these batch files within the
C/Programs/QGIS3.xx/somewhere… folder to avoid blocking by infamous
applocker? Certifcation and excemption of these files by my organisation
is apparently not possible.

Thank for your help!

Matthias

http://www.avg.com