[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Server: warnings vs info

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 10:26:34 PST 2020

Hello

  While reading QGIS Server logs I wonder if this has some idea or is an error.

  After QGIS Server starts running ok I assume it is normal to change
QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL to 1 - do not show INFO type messages which
quickly go into hundreds of megs of text on a busy server.
  But if I understand correctly, some messages go into incorrect
levels thus both adding unnecessary info messages as well as hiding
important info.

  For example:
  1. Excessive warning level messages include:
  * formatString is: image/png (server/qgsrequesthandler.cpp)
  * Adding service SampleService 1.0, WCS 1.0.0 etc. etc.
(servce/qgsserviceregistry.cpp)

  2. Missing important info message:
  * <ServiceExceptionError ...>The layer 'ABC' does not
exist.</ServiceException> (services/wms/qgswmsserviceexception.h)

  Am I missing something?

  Thank you

--
Tomas