[QGIS-Developer] PGSYSCONFDIR environmental variable use in QGIS Postgres service

Jakob jakob at lanstorp.com
Thu Feb 27 01:39:59 PST 2020

I have a .pg_service.conf file with a Postgres connection use as a Service
connection in QGIS dialog "Create a New PostGIS Connection", running on
Windows 10.

This works fine when the pg_service is placed in the folder
"C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Postgresql".

Now to change the folder of the pg_service file I somewhere read that the
folder is defined in environmental variable PGSYSCONFDIR, but setting a path
in this variable does not make QGIS look in the new folder for the
.pg_service.conf file. It still looks in the folder
"C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Postgresql".

Do I misunderstand the meaning of PGSYSCONFDIR variable use in QGIS?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-Developer-f4099106.html