[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and Qt 6: A proposal

Luca Manganelli luca.manganelli at comune.trento.it
Mon Jul 6 22:18:41 PDT 2020

Il giorno lun 6 lug 2020 alle ore 00:44 Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
ha scritto:
> 5. We waited far too long to move to Qt 5. (it was around the ~Qt
> 5.7/5.8 release before we jumped). We risked being kicked out of
> debian because of our much delayed transition. We also had a period of
> many many years before we could take advantage of upstream Qt
> improvements and bug fixes as a result, which has directly lead to a
> culture of ignoring Qt upstream in QGIS development and implementing
> fixes/improvements as downstream "hacks".

I think that due to this thing and the various Linux distributions, it's
time to think to provide an official snap/flatpak/appimage qgis package.

--

Comune di Trento

via Belenzani, 19 - 38122 Trento | C.F e P. IVA:
00355870221

tel. +39 0461.884111 | www.comune.trento.it
<http://www.comune.trento.it>