[QGIS-Developer] webp for qgis server ?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 9 04:26:32 PDT 2020

Hi all,

At OPENGIS.ch we have recently looked into different raster formats. The
results can be read here:
https://www.opengis.ch/2020/06/09/offline-wms-benchmarking-raster-formats-for-qfield/

Not that surprising, but one of the interesting findings was that webp
is very efficient. Low filesize, reasonable rendering performance,
support for transparency. In short, it has all the potential for being
used as default transport format for WM(T)S.

Looking at our server implementation, this format is not supported. Did
someone ever think about or even look into that?

Matthias Kuhn
matthias at opengis.ch <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>
+41 (0)76 435 67 63 <tel:+41764356763>
OPENGIS.ch Logo <http://www.opengis.ch>