[QGIS-Developer] Trigger atlas on another layer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 5 02:45:04 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have two layers:

  	* layer 1 for editing
  	* layer 2 with joins, aggregates, etc. as a Postgis view prepared to
be used for an Atlas

Both layers share the same primary keys.

Question: could I trigger the atlas (of a selected single feature) from
layer 2 from the form/table of layer 1?  With an action and some Python
code? Are there Python code examples around on how I could achieve that?

Reasoning: layer 2 is only a helper construct. The GIS operator is
supposed to work with layer 1 and ideally the atlas could be triggered
from layer 1, even though it is defined on layer 2.

Thank you for any ideas,

Andreas