[QGIS-Developer] Docker pull rate limit / Travis

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jan 4 01:16:58 PST 2021

Yes, I hit that too. thanks for bringing this up!

Another idea: as the docker is actually more or less 'static' (??? or is is pushed to hub on every build ???), can we (or Travis) not 'cache' it? As in" place it somewhere so it can be 'created/started' fresh any time, but not 'fetched' upon every build?
Or does this loose the whole purpose of this...
Caching could be: put the image on some webserver of somebody with 'unlimited' bandwidth (like some universities, providers or (unix)usergroups?).

BUT: As QGIS is getting bigger and bigger, we have to find solutions for this kind of 'size'-issues when using 'free' services. Same with for example the use of OSM-tiles or Nominatim-service, Transifex etc etc... We have to be either creative/clever, OR setup our own stuff...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde