[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS Cookbook License

Malte Ziebarth ziebarth at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Jul 20 02:40:24 PDT 2021

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply and forwarding to the PSC.

Also, thanks to the PSC for quickly adressing the issue. I'm going to
jump threads
here a little to reply also to Marco Bernasocchi's e-mail:

> Even Though the cookbook has a lot of code, we decided to license it under
> a documentation license and not a software license, since the code is
> mostly for documentation purposes and are considered "trivial code":

I think that the code being "trivial" is the crucial information to
answer my question.

Following up on that, I think that a similar statement at the beginning
of the Cookbook
documentation would be very helpful for users in a situation similar to
mine. I.e. a small
statement that explicitly tells the (developing) user that the code is
considered trivial
and may be reused in GPL'ed QGIS plugins.

Otherwise I think that deciding whether some code is trivial is not a
trivial task - at
least I did not experience it to be so.

Thanks again!

Best regards
Malte

Malte J. Ziebarth
Section 2.6
Tel.: +49 (0)331/288-28634
E-Mail: ziebarth at gfz-potsdam.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam
Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ
Stiftung des öff. Rechts Land Brandenburg
Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam