[QGIS-Developer] Building QGIS with Visual Studio 2019 CE and vcpkg

Uhrig, Stefan stefan.uhrig at sap.com
Mon Mar 1 07:35:50 PST 2021

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the feedback.

AFAIK, QGIS has only recently be bumped to C++17, and the version of spatialindex in vcpkg is still 1.9.0. The fix for the binary_function issue made it to a later version only. So, the bad news is that the build with vcpkg is broken for now.

I’ve read Mathias Kuhn’s mail, and his idea of having a curated vcpkg fork seems the best approach to me to solve these kind of issues. On the one hand, we can prevent changes in upstream from breaking the build. On the other hand, we can update dependencies on our own (like the spatialindex library), merge it to the fork and then open a pull request to upstream. We would not be blocked by the upstream review process that way.

I’ll fork vcpkg and I’ll try to update the spatialindex library. If I succeed, I’ll mail you the link to the repository.

Best regards,
Stefan