[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and privacy

Thomas B rdbath.regiodata at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 03:08:06 PDT 2021

Am Mi., 24. März 2021 um 09:33 Uhr schrieb Alessandro Pasotti <
apasotti at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am the author of the Boundless init scripts and I just wanted to
> stress that the global settings ini files are another way to
> pre-configure QGIS settings in a corporate environment.
>
> See:
> https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#globalsettingsfile
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net
> ItOpen:   www.itopen.it

Hi,
I already tested the globalsettings but my first tests showed that the user
can still override global settings.
(docs:  " The settings in the specified file replace the original inline
default ones, but the user profiles’ settings will be set on top of those."
)

So if I set anonymize_new_projects in the global settings to false the user
can still set it to true and the user settings "win".
The startup.py allows me to override unwanted settings during the startup
of QGIS.

What I like about the Init-Scripts is that you can have more structure for
your startup-scripts than with just one startup.py.

regards,
Thomas