[QGIS-Developer] Error building QGIS 3.16 from source on Windows

Ray Wu raywu2001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:11:30 PDT 2021

Hello,

I am trying to build QGIS 3.16 from source on Windows. I followed the steps
as specified in the document below but it failed.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/release-3_16/INSTALL.md.

I followed all the steps in the document. When running "4.1.4.1 Using
configonly.bat to create the MSVC solution file", it failed with errors.
The first error is "'gdal-dev-env.bat' is not recognized as an internal or
external command". I searched "gdal-dev-env.bat" under "C:\OSGeo4W64" but
the file is not there. I wonder how to fix this or what I miss or need to
install?

Thanks,
Ray