[QGIS-Developer] Plugin for Layout

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Sep 25 00:24:28 PDT 2021

Hi Zsolt,

This code adds a button to the layout toolbar. I don't know of a way to
add things to the layout menu as well.

def designer_opened(designer):
     tb = designer.actionsToolbar()
     action = QAction('Push me!', parent=designer)
     tb.addAction(action)

iface.layoutDesignerOpened.connect(designer_opened)

By the way, you can add a grid to your layout map item and show
coordinates. There a quite many options. Have you looked into that?

Hope this helps,
Raymond