[QGIS-Developer] trying Qt6 build here

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Aug 4 01:53:10 PDT 2022

Hi,

At my 'apt upgrade' today (Debian Testing), I saw a lot of Qt6 related packages flying in (also QtCreator update to 8)...

Wondering if it would be beneficial to QGIS if I start to try a Qt6 build.

What is the status, is there anything there to see/test yet, or it is just building the core to test how Qt6 will be build into the future?

... thought to see if I could make stuff build, but cannot get around this python plugin error, even after disabling a lot of plugins etc:

  CMake Error at python/CMakeLists.txt:1 (file):
    file must be called with at least two arguments.

  CMake Error at python/plugins/db_manager/CMakeLists.txt:8 (PYQT_WRAP_UI):
    Unknown CMake command "PYQT_WRAP_UI".

No worries, I can do without Qt6, just wondering...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde