[QGIS-Developer] trying Qt6 build here

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:56:40 PDT 2022

On Thu, 4 Aug 2022 at 18:53, Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-Developer
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At my 'apt upgrade' today (Debian Testing), I saw a lot of Qt6 related packages flying in (also QtCreator update to 8)...
>
> Wondering if it would be beneficial to QGIS if I start to try a Qt6 build.
>
> What is the status, is there anything there to see/test yet, or it is just building the core to test how Qt6 will be build into the future?

There's not much to see -- you can build the core and analysis
libraries, but around 30% of the tests fail right now.

> ... thought to see if I could make stuff build, but cannot get around this python plugin error, even after disabling a lot of plugins etc:

There's no work been done yet to get python support for Qt 6 -- to get
the build to work you need to switch off everything except core and
analysis in cmake first.

Nyall