[QGIS-Developer] Donations

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Mon Jan 17 07:28:16 PST 2022

Hi Cory,

Yes - I would also think that this is not a bug, but a feature request. It
was never claimed that the temporal controller works fine in conjunction
with editing tools. The temporal controller was designed as a presentation
tool and not for editing.

To improve the situation you would have to consult with one of the core
contributor companies listed at
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html

You could write a specification, ask one of the core contributor companies
for a quote and finance it yourself. Or you could try to write a QEP (QGIS
enhancement proposal) and submit it as a QGIS grant project. Incidentally,
Anita just issued the "Call for participation
<https://blog.qgis.org/2022/01/16/qgis-grants-7-call-for-grant-proposals-2022/>"
for the 2022 QGIS grants. If you could find a company that is interested in
working on this, and team up with them to write a QEP, it could be
submitted as a QGIS grant. The deadline for the QGIS grants is February 13.

This would definitely be more work than what could be covered by smaller
donations.

Hope this helps,
Andreas