[QGIS-Developer] Compile QGIS in docker

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Oct 22 07:49:55 PDT 2022

On 10/22/22 16:25, Paul N via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Is it possible to compile QGIS in docker on windows system.
>
> Any clue.

What is your use-case?
- Desktop or Server?
- Host = Windows, but container = ?

There are ready to use QGIS-Server images, others know better which one is most up to date (@others..)

If you just want to compile in a Debian/Ubuntu/whatever, off course you can: a container is/can be a full fledged Linux machine.

We also experimented with Running QGIS-Desktop on a container on a Linux host running X.
Not sure if that is possible on a Windows host though, and you will probably have some container/permission issues... though I've been flabbergasted with the recent capabilities of the Linux sub system on Windows... ( but to be clear: just use Linux :-) ).

Anyway: what is it that you want to try?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde