[QGIS-Developer] Customizing Layer Panel

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Wed Apr 26 14:40:36 PDT 2023

Looking to add two icons to the QGIS Layer Panel that would access custom code to sort the layers. I already have the code.  It's not a simple geometry type or alphabetical sort but I'm all set with that code anyway.  I just want to add icons into the layer panel.

I found this site that shows how to modify the menus:

https://courses.spatialthoughts.com/pyqgis-in-a-day

But I am looking to access the dock widget and add two icons in its row of icons or maybe a menu.
[cid:image001.png at 01D97866.34846730]

Thanks in advance for any help,
Luke