[QGIS-Developer] Digitizing with Edit Menu

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Fri Apr 28 16:45:09 PDT 2023

When you digitize a shape using the Edit menu in QGIS is the shape accessible?  I am looking to get he area of the shape as it is drawn.  I have added an event filter to my code to capture the coordinates and calculate it by creating a QgsGeometry, but my code is getting complicated as there are many shapes that a user can draw from this menu so if I can get access to this shape if it is temporary in memory, then I can just calculate the area on the shape and not have to capture all the positions of the mouse when clicked and moved.

[cid:image001.png at 01D97A09.EF8845C0]