[QGIS-Developer] Error Loading SIP module

Paul Gathogo pgathogo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 06:14:13 PST 2023

Hello Devs,

I've done my own QGIS (3.29) build and packaging in windows, I've used the
package to install QGIS and everything is fine but when I start QGIS I get
the following error:

*Couldn't load SIP module.Python support will be disabled.Traceback (most
recent call last):  File "", line 1, in   File
"C:\PROGRA~1/QGISFI~1.2)F/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\__init__.py", line 86, in
    import qgis.gui  File
"C:\PROGRA~1/QGISFI~1.2)F/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\gui\__init__.py", line
93, in     QgsCodeEditor.Mode.ScriptEditor.__doc__ = "Standard mode, allows
for display and edit of entire scripts"NameError: name 'QgsCodeEditor' is
not defined*

I have tried to set the PYTHONPATH following some instructions from forums
that have experienced similar issues but still get the same error. What
might I be missing?