[QGIS-Developer] qgis ubuntu 20.04 dependencies

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:30:12 PDT 2023

Hi all,

while working on compiling qgis on ubuntu using these instructions [0] ,
i've run into an error while running cmake that "QRecursiveMutex" is not
found.

It looks like that became available in QT 5.14.

Ubuntu 20.04 installs QT 5.12. During my searches i've seen comments that
imply 5.15 might not be available for 20.04.  I'm trying to figure out
whether I should be trying to upgrade Qt, if I have to upgrade Ubuntu, or
if there is some option in the compilation process that can resolve this
for me.

I've installed Qt 5.15.2 to /opt/ and added it to PATH, but qtdiag still
indicates i'm using 5.12.x

I thought i'd start by asking here before asking on a Qt general forum in
case there's a qgis specific solution.

I've also set the cmake 3d option to "no" which got me around the absence
of q qt 3d extras pacakge/file.  So maybe there's a similar solution for
this although this version problem seem more essential.

Thanks for any suggestions!

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL.md

--
Hugh Kelley