[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Documentation Writer

Selma Vidimlic selma at kartoza.com
Fri Nov 17 08:15:18 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

This week (and last week at the OSGeo meeting Vienna) I was working on
documentation for 3D Tiles in QGIS. I used blog posts from Lutra Consulting
and North Road websites as the main source for the documentation, also I
followed video tutorials and Martin Dobias explained 3D tiles to me while
we were in Vienna. I'm planning to create a draft version in my GitHub
repository (I will send you a link) so you can check it out. This is my
first time creating a whole new chapter for documentation so I'm trying to
be as detailed as possible. I also prepared screenshots for other chapters
updates related to 3D tiles/Scene (browser, data source management etc.).

PR from this week:
Vector tiles properties
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8639>
In this PR I updated chapter with Source and Rendering properties, but I
wasn't able to recreate OpenStreetMap landuse layer with all rules (like
image that is in the docs now), so if someone has advice on how to do that,
please let me know. I was using tiles from https://cloud.maptiler.com/tiles/
.

Have a nice weekend,
Selma.