[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Documentation Writer

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Mon Nov 20 18:56:13 PST 2023

Thank-you Selma!
Let us know if you need anything clarified.

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 at 02:15, Selma Vidimlic via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This week (and last week at the OSGeo meeting Vienna) I was working on
> documentation for 3D Tiles in QGIS. I used blog posts from Lutra Consulting
> and North Road websites as the main source for the documentation, also I
> followed video tutorials and Martin Dobias explained 3D tiles to me while
> we were in Vienna. I'm planning to create a draft version in my GitHub
> repository (I will send you a link) so you can check it out. This is my
> first time creating a whole new chapter for documentation so I'm trying to
> be as detailed as possible. I also prepared screenshots for other chapters
> updates related to 3D tiles/Scene (browser, data source management etc.).
>
> PR from this week:
> Vector tiles properties
> <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/8639>
> In this PR I updated chapter with Source and Rendering properties, but I
> wasn't able to recreate OpenStreetMap landuse layer with all rules (like
> image that is in the docs now), so if someone has advice on how to do that,
> please let me know. I was using tiles from
> https://cloud.maptiler.com/tiles/.
>
> Have a nice weekend,
> Selma.
>
> --
> Selma Vidimlic Husic
> QGIS Documentation Writer
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
> * Desktop GIS programming services
> * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
> Phone: +387 61 933 651

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com / 0414 512 782
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>