[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Full Stack Web Developer Report

Julien Moura julien.moura at oslandia.com
Fri Nov 24 02:38:34 PST 2023

Dear Tim,

Thanks for taking in account my thoughts and make the discussion possible.

Regarding the second about change management, I totally agree and feel
really thankful that you make those changes. I can imagine the work it
represents for your teams maintaining a project like this one. So thank
you again.

Regarding your proposal about the license requirements, why not starting
apply the change management to this? It's a breaking change, even for
new plugins, right? So, it should be lowered to a non blocking warning,
documented in PyQGIS cookbook and then deployed as a blocking error in a
known time windows. This way, in the meanwhile, the plugins ecosystem
can adapt to new rules (new versions for tools like minimal plugin,
qgis-plugin-ci, plugin builder...) and make this change more acceptable
and frictionless.

Moreover, the rationale behind the required license file into the plugin
archive is still not solved.

If you want, I can make a PR to change the warning but I'm pretty sure
that's not the question here.

> https://github.com/orgs/qgis/projects/6
Just to let you know this hyperlink leads to a 404 (probably a Github
rights access setting somewhere).

Regards