[QGIS-Developer] Paste geometry functionality

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:37:16 PST 2023

Hello

  I was wondering, is there any reason why "paste geometry" (for
vector features) is not implemented in QGIS? Or is it simply because
nobody implemented it (I'm thinking of trying to do that)?

  The use case is different government cadastres where geometry is
provided by external institutions and institution responsible for
maintaining the cadastre is adding the attribute values. While they
can use full feature paste (with attributes) for initial record
creation, updating requires the possibility to paste geometry only
without changing any attribute values.

  Thank you

P.S. I am aware of a python plugin for that but it does not work for
large geometries as clipboard size limit is reached pretty fast on
windows.

--
Tomas