[QGIS-Developer] Paste geometry functionality

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:14:08 PST 2023

2023-11-29, tr, 15:53 Régis Haubourg via QGIS-Developer rašė:
> Can you be more precise on your use case scenario ?

  Let's say we have a layer L (PostgreSQL/PostGIS) with features A, B
and C with corresponding attribute values set.
  Now some external party sends us a shapefile S with an updated
geometry G which we want to apply to feature B.

  We want to:
  1. Select G in layer S and press Ctrl+C
  2. Select feature B in layer L (layer is in edit mode).
  3. Do "Paste geometry" which should change geometry of feature B but
leave all attribute values intact. This must be an update (not
delete/insert) operation for record B in database table, as database
would usually have different sequences, triggers with business logic
etc.

--
Tomas