[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3D and Graphics Card Requirements

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Wed Sep 20 14:18:31 PDT 2023

Anyone out there working with QGIS 3D?

I am looking to get a new Dell laptop with i9 processor and 64GB memory and wondering what the minimum requirements for working with QGIS 3D is.  I had a coworker who could not run 3D on his laptop assume due to his lower end graphics card.  I don't offhand know what the spec's on his machine are.

I am looking at a Dell 7780 or 7680 with either NVIDIA RTX 5000 Ada 16GB GDDR6 video card or the RTX 4000 Ada 12GB GDDR6 video card.

Wondering if the higher end card buys me much better performance and is worth the hit on battery life.

Luke