[Qgis-psc] finances

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 9 03:24:35 PDT 2008

Hi all.
OSGeo is finalizing its first annual year end financial report, but in
the meantime Tyler clarified that:
- we have $1943.90 USD
- they can be used at QGIS PSC will
- the system currently in use at osgeo for donation does not accept
small donations (<500 USD)
I think:
- small donations are very important for QGIS, not only because until
now they have been the major source, but also because they help end
users getting attached to the project, feeling they can do something
about it; I think we should ask OSGeo to design a system for small
donations (the one we used thanks to Gary seems simple and good enough);
I would prefer if both systems would be under osgeo umbrella, and using
a different system only if this would not be possible
- a considerable amount of money gets lost through paypal (about 3% for
each passage, with a minimum of 2 passages (from donor to recipient,
from recipient to spender, tot 6%), with one more passage in this case,
because of transfer from Gary to osgeo. More direct routing would be good
- we have some resources for the hackfest
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Finances#head-dd4acd3fc82cd98ade9052489a254b5d807762a1
currently only Tim Marco and Martin have signed in, and we do not have a
suitable date for all. *If* we converge on a date, and enough devs are
coming, I do not think there will be problems covering basic costs. it
would be a pity missing this opportunity.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
Io voto per il software libero: