[Qgis-psc] finances

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 9 11:28:11 PDT 2008

Hi Paolo

Yes I agree - we should urge osgeo to implement support for
microdonations. We should also make it clear that although the funds
will be earmarked for QGIS, they will be used for purposes at the
discretion of the PSC. If people want to donate money to fix a
particular bug, they should approach a developer / company offering
commercial services directly.

Perhaps we should do some more marketing for the hackfest on the
mailing lists. Also I wasnt 100% clear - did you mean we have enough
funds to cover those who have currently stated interest in the
hackfest (me Marco and Martin?). How many more people could we
conceivably accommodate?