[Qgis-psc] Fw: request from geoinformatics magazine

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sun Jan 25 01:51:46 PST 2009

Hi,

I added more text to the geoinformatics article in svn. Would be great, if you
can have a look at the structure and especially write something (more) about
development, technical stuff, realeases, and future and proof-reading of my poor
english, of course ;). We need 3000 words...

We should try to finish the article ASAP, because I will be very busy at the end
of next week and more or less offline the week afterwards.

BTW: I don't know if the images are ok, good enough, also in quality but I don't
know how to do it better. If you can check that, it would be great, too.

regards,
 Otto

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:43:49 +0100
Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:32:02 +0200
> Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 20:06 +0100, Otto Dassau wrote:
> > > Hi Paolo,

> I'd
February
> 4).
QGIS
> v.

> > > My suggestion is that the article is written by the PSC. I think if we all
> spend
> > > a little time it won't be too much trouble but a nice piece of work. For
me
> > > this is a good idea for this kind of article. I would be happy if you and
> Tim,
> > > who hasn't commented yet, will be on board as well. 5 authors would be no
> > > problem.
> >
> > Yes I will participate too :-) Sorry for delayed reply. I think time
> > will be short to get it out by feb 4 but I'm hoping many hands on board
> > will make the work not too much for each of us.
>
> yes, that's what I also hope.
>
> > I dont know if you have seem the new community maps and charts Carson
> > and I have been working on - would be nice to include some of this
> > demographics stuff in the article maybe.
> > http://qgis.osgeo.org/community.html  Maybe also a timeline showing
> > different release dates.
>
> yes, I saw the new community map - very nice! 8-) And yes, would be nice to
> include parts of it in the article. I will start with some ideas and then we
can
> discuss. Maybe we can use svn for that? Would it make sense to put it
somewhere
> in the QGIS svn where we all have rw access or somewhere else?
>
> btw: It seems there is still a small problem with the right column in the new
> web. For the community map it looks as if it is still active. I will try to
fix
> that.
>
> regards,
>  Otto
>
> > > Please give a short vote on that and if you have some time to help, please
> > > read
> > > the editorial guidelines and consider if the March issue (deadline
February