[Qgis-psc] Donation "thank you" - email for bank transfers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 11 11:19:39 PST 2014

Hi,

I don't know who is responsible for this page:
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html ?

I would like to add the following information:

1. Bank transfer is preferred option (we loose less money and it easier
to track) - PayPal keeps 2-3 %, plus potential losses when changing
currency. Bank transfer within Europe are free of charge (SEPA payments).

2. If a donor chooses "bank transfer" - (s)he should add an email
address in the payment instructions so we can send a receipt/thank you
message as a PDF.

Maybe we should put the "bank transfer" option first, as many people use
the first option ;-)

Non-European donors probably find it easier to use PayPal - but up to
now, most of the donations are from Europe. Maybe we can use the
opportunity and at the same time remove the flattr thing, as no-one
seems to use it ...

I would volunteer to send these "thank you" messages for the bank
transfer donations - if the email address is provided in the payment
instructions.