[Qgis-psc] Donation "thank you" - email for bank transfers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Nov 11 23:18:29 PST 2014

Hi Andreas,

Il 11/11/2014 20:19, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> I don't know who is responsible for this page:
> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html ?

IFAIK we do not have responsible persons for each page (which might be a problem, in
fact). I tried to find the page, but the complex structure of the site is frustrating
to e, and I cannot find it right now (source/site/getinvolved/donations.rst points to
themes/qgis-theme/getinvolved_index.html , from where I'm lost).

> 1. Bank transfer is preferred option (we loose less money and it easier to track) -
> PayPal keeps 2-3 %, plus potential losses when changing currency. Bank transfer
> within Europe are free of charge (SEPA payments).
>
> 2. If a donor chooses "bank transfer" - (s)he should add an email address in the
> payment instructions so we can send a receipt/thank you message as a PDF.
>
> Maybe we should put the "bank transfer" option first, as many people use the first
> option ;-)

agreed on all

> Non-European donors probably find it easier to use PayPal - but up to now, most of
> the donations are from Europe. Maybe we can use the opportunity and at the same time
> remove the flattr thing, as no-one seems to use it ...

agreed. +1 for me if you want to go ahead, or I can do it if someone helps me finding
the page ;)

> I would volunteer to send these "thank you" messages for the bank transfer donations
> - if the email address is provided in the payment instructions.

thanks for that - please put me in cc.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu