[Qgis-psc] signing and downloads of QGIS Mac OS X installer

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Oct 12 10:18:49 PDT 2015

On 07-10-15 19:23, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> I spoke with my employers at Boundless and they have offered to *donate*
> the use of their high-end Mac build server to produce QGIS Project
> nightlies, as well as fully bundled QGIS Project applications for
> standard and LTR releases (with all major Processing lib support). Since
> they are also releasing their own branded builds of the same releases to
> their customers, I will essentially be paid to work on the community
> releases, as well as the nightlies.
> /
> /
> /All added packaging functionality will be open source and contributed
> back to the QGIS Project/. I believe we can also offer access to the
> Jenkins instance on the build server to the PSC. All unit tests will be
> run and sent to QGIS's CDash. They don't necessarily want to host the
> downloads of the finished build artifacts, so uploading those to an
> OSGeo or QGIS download server is ideal.
>
> *Please let me know if the QGIS PSC is OK with Boundless providing these
> packages.* If OK, then I can work on getting this ready for the 2.12
> release and move the nightly builds to their server. They would like
> some recognition for doing the donated packaging. I suggested that the
> DMG installer window could have something like "Packaged by Boundless
> for the QGIS Project" as part of a background image, and a note and link
> in the README. Beyond those small acknowledgements, the applications
> themselves would have *absolutely no branding*. Boundless wants to
> support FOSS4G projects and this is one way they can help.

Hi Larry,

Sorry for not coming back earlier, I do not want to lose momentum, but
time...

Your plans sound very cool, I brought it to the PSC and everybody (off
course) likes the offer very much. But we question the idea of the kind
of 'packaged by'-message IN the installer: we do not want that in the
installer itself.

We understand it, but would ask if the acknowledgement can be done in a
more neutral way: eg: on the website a line below every installer
telling that the dmg package is provided by xxx, or an entry in the
about box.

Can you please ask if that is negotiable and let us know if the offer is
still valid then?

Thanks & regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde