[Qgis-psc] Release post

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Oct 29 01:23:44 PDT 2018

On 10/29/2018 07:40 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:

>> As a result, can't we just delay the release post for (let's say a
>> maximum of 1 week) to give it time for packaging for this platform? At
>> worst, we delay the post by a week. At best, we'll have builds
>> available for at time of posting for more major platforms, and less
>> "where are the packages for XXX operating system" complaints from
>> users.
> +1 for this, and in parallel reach out to William to see what is package ETA. From the chatter on the dev list from him, I would say that he is busy prepping packages...

Yep, I'm also +1 for doing the actual 'communication and website update'
after we have more OS's available. If we do part of it we cannot hold
the eager users to communicate about it too.
>From another angle: hey, we are a 'distributed async project', such
things happen :-)
(I fixed the macos download see below)

>>> by the way I don't think that "tricking" our mach users with download
>>> 3.4 that links to http://qgis.org/downloads/macOS/QGIS-macOS-3.2.3-1.dmg
>>> will work :D
>>>
>>> @ richard is that link generated automatically?
>>>
>>> Marco

Well the link-text is a global variable:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/b892d3d5c999a1a24e0fe78d7cbce4cefd118bfd/themes/qgis-theme/forusers_download.html#L140

Which I changed now to the actual mac version:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/commit/57d2dca131cacb2a45ab8de2a4cf0a2c0417d999#diff-2410cfba6baac8b5dd04388feef13489

Richard Duivenvoorde