[Qgis-tr] Korean translations not being updated on web page

Delaz J delazj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 05:09:26 PDT 2021

Hi,

Le 18/07/2021 à 11:48, Richard Duivenvoorde a écrit :
> Harrissou, looks fine to me now, but do you have a clue what was going wrong? Something we can fix? Or is the transifex automagic syncing missing a change?

No idea:

- The option to download files when they reached 100% or when they are
updated (at 100%) was still ON

- Some korean files were downloaded that day

- Those failing files were downloaded for other languages when they
reached 100%.

The only thing we could have checked is to change a translated string in
transifex and see if it triggers the pull of the file in github but I
didn't feel like I could play with korean. Not yet ;)

The easiest  in any case was to trigger a pull from CLI (and benefits to
every languages btw). The more I consider this and the more I feel like
the transifex<->github integration does not provide much help (compared
to the setup hassle); we have (somehow better) scripts in place for most
of the actions and could put them in a scheduled github action (failing
attempt in [1]). To discuss for 3.22?

> @Kwon Yongchan, nice job translating!! Probably not needed as I think most Korean users also read english(?) but it IS possible to create korean images too (so the dialog screendumps are also translated).

I'm not sure this is compliant with their translation process: if you
look at the korean docs, you'll notice that everything related to GUI
strings (guilabel, menuselection...) are kept in English, so coherent
with English screenshots.

[1]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/compare/release_3.16...DelazJ:minimizeTranslations?expand=1
(new files are pulled but not modified ones)

Regards,

Harrissou