[Qgis-user] 1.1.0 Unstable - not a valid or recognized raster data source

Darren Norris doon75 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:59:00 PDT 2009

Can anyone have a look to see if this is just me? QGIS can't read GRASS
rasters:
OS = Windows vista,
Installed via standalone (internet connection is poor so this is the
only option for me)
GRASS 6.4 -
http://grass.itc.it/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r38537-1-Setup.exe
QGIS 1.1.0 - http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/QGIS-1.1.0-0-Setup.exe

When I start, QGIS can't find GRASS (GISBASE), so I manually point it to
"C:\Program Files\QuantumGIS\grass".
Try to load a GRASS raster and now "C:/Users/Darren/Documents/GIS
DataBase/test/PERMANENT/cellhd/comp543" is not a valid or recognized
raster data source".

I had the same issue with QGIS 1.0.2-Kore. Uninstalled QGIS (via control
panel - remove programs) and then installed 1.1.0......
So far everything else seems to be fine (projects open fine, GPS plugin
etc). Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Darren