[Qgis-user] QGis 1.2.0 and OpenStreetMap plugin on Windows

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 8 06:50:13 PDT 2009

Hi,

I downloaded Qgis 1.2.0 Windows installer from
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win32/QGIS-1.2.0-0-No-GrassSetup.exe
and installed it successfully on my computer running on Vista Business.
Next I launched the application and installed the OpenStreetMap plugin
through the plugin manager. So far everything is OK. I can open my old
OSM files saved in osm.xml format and download OSM data directly from
OSM server. What is sad is that I cannot see anything on a map. Three
layers appear to the layer list and attribute tables show all the nice
attributes. Thus the data must be there but the map window remains
blank. Is Windows version of QGis 1.2.0 missing something or should I do
some additional installations before I can see OSM data in QGis? From
the old mails from June 2009 I read about downloading something called
OSM provider and recompiling QGis before installing OSM plugin. Is that
still necessary? If it is I will back down.

-Jukka Rahkonen-