[Qgis-user] Large Format Printing (A0)

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:50:27 PDT 2009

Alex:
> Even with proprietary apps, I always create a ps of pdf file before
> sending to the plotter. I have yet to meet a graphic intensive program
> that doesn't require this, in order to have sane printing times free of
> errors.

This is an interesting suggestion. Do you always create the ps file
because your plotter supports ps directly? If the plotter doesn't
contain an inbuilt ps interpreter are there any advantages to sending
a ps file to the plotter?

Has anyone any experience with converting to the HPGL2 language and
sending those files to a DesignJet instead of ps?

Any further advice appreciated,

Craig