[Qgis-user] Compiling QGIS 1.2.0 with GRASS problems

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Sep 21 10:58:52 PDT 2009

Christy Nieman wrote:

> This problem is continuing with QGIS 1.3  I'm pretty sure I'm
> specifying the right GRASS paths for QGIS to compile (as it compiles
> happily with the QGIS 1.0.x versions), but have not managed to get 1.2
> or 1.3 to compile.  Has any one else encountered this?

This worked for me (Fedora 10 64 bit):

cmake -DGRASS_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/grass/grass-6.4.0RC5/
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/micha/qgis_1.3/ ..

Maybe you'll also need:  |-DGDAL_LIBRARY:STRING=/usr/lib64/libgdal.so
Before running make check thru all the paths and strings that cmake is
using by doing
cmake -L ..

--
Micha