[Qgis-user] QGIS Users Gallery

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:12:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am thinking that probably the QGIS Users could have a QGIS Users
Gallery. I know that there is a GQIS Developers Gallery for QGIS
Development purposes (e.g. splash screens, etc).

I think the Qgis developers quite busy with the coding and
development. And I think we - the users could probably help promote
the QGIS to general public. The GQIS plugins have a lot of
capabilities to offer, if only we know how to use it, not to mention
to install it properly.

It is similar Osgeo gallery (below) but more.

http://gallery.osgeo.org/

As you probably notice that TriMet Interactive Map (above) is using
QGIS I did not know that until last night.
.
It would include blogs, screenshots, tutorials, Qgis plugins
tutorials, activities, etc.  Everything that you can think to help
promote and user of QGIS.

Here are some examples that I found in the net.

1. NYC Subway and Transit GIS Layers
http://gothos.info/2010/07/

2. SpatiaLite and QGIS: Loading, Joining, Mapping Shapefiles and Tables
http://gothos.info/2010/01/spatialite-and-qgis-loading-joining-mapping-shapefiles-and-tables/

3. Harnassing Mapnik for high quality map rendering
 http://linfiniti.com/?s=mapnik

4. Live GPS in QGIS
http://linfiniti.com/?s=GPS

5. Quantumnik
http://bitbucket.org/springmeyer/quantumnik/wiki/Home

What do you think folks?

Anyway, if you have any tutorials especially using the QGIS plugins
probably you can let us the link of the your tutorials or anything
related to to QGIS.

I like to learn more about how you do QGIS.

Thanks.

Regards, Noli