[Qgis-user] Announcing ChartMaker plugin

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 04:49:12 PDT 2010

Hi list

I have uploaded a new plugin called 'ChartMaker'.

It will create plots with vector attribute values. The current version
is still very crude, but it is already functional, however, I have
marked it as 'experimental', so keep in mind that it may not work on
your system. I have been developing it on kubuntu 10.04 and haven't
had a chance to test it under other platforms.
In time I hope to improve on it and remove the 'experimental' tag

The user can select up to 3 series to plot, each series being composed
by an xx attribute and a yy attribute. Currently there are no
customization options for the chart, but I hope to work on that in
future versions. It is already possible to navigate the chart and save
it in a vectorial format.

The way I am using it myself is in conjunction with the
ProfileFromLine plugin, creating some profiles along a line that
samples multiple rasters and then visualize the results in a chart. I
thought it might be useful for others ;)

This plugin depends on the matplotlib python package.

If you'd be willing to test it out please leave me a message through
this mailing list with your remarks. Thank you