[Qgis-user] Re: labelling point layer

Roland Lieste Roland.Lieste at rivm.nl
Thu Jan 7 03:47:53 PST 2010

Hi Piotr,

You can work around by adding an extra item (say Angle) to the .dbf file
via Tools>Data Management Tools>Join attributes. Then double click the map
layer name to see the Layers Properties (hope this correct, I've Dutch
version), select the Labels tab > Data-specified alignment and choose your
attribute in the Angle field. Next switch Modus Object Input, select the
object in the map window and alter the
value of the Angle attribute.
Don't forget to save your work by switching again the input modus and
check the .dbf file using Excel.

For me it worked well when to replace overlapping labelnames of wells quit
near to each other

Hope this helps (btw I use Qgis 1.0.2-Kore)

Regards
Roland Lieste

Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>
Sent by: qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
07-01-2010 10:55

Piotr Pachół <piotr.pachol at wodgik.katowice.pl>
cc
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject
[Qgis-user] Re: labelling point layer

Hi Piotr,

this functionality is planned, but I can't give you currently any
estimate when to expect it.

Regards
Martin

2010/1/6 Piotr Pachół <piotr.pachol at wodgik.katowice.pl>:
> Hello Martin,
>
> Is it possible to add one function in your labeling plugin ?:
> It means the possibility of choosing one of layer attributes as a field
> where an angle for labels is kept.
> It would be very usefull for point layers and perhaps for polygon
layers.
> For instance I must visualize map with address numbers. Each number
should
> be rotated differently.
> Now there is only possibility to rotate all labels with the same angle.
>
> Regards,
> Piotr

Disclaimer RIVM