[Qgis-user] some impressions from my students

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:22:56 PST 2010

Hi,

> Good to hear that you are using QGIS in teaching! Keep us informed about
> progress and problems.

We also had a qgis/grass course last week (20+ attendees, 4 people on
linux, the rest on xp/vista/seven) based on the 1.4 version. The overall
impression is that at each course the software is better, and this was
no exception. We had a few crashes but, besides the confirmed bugs
(already reported in the trac), they were mainly caused by specific o.s.
configuration problems or sometimes by 3rd party plugins problems***.

Among the most requested features there are: the multiple selection in
the legend , an "add as group" option, a wfs query builder, color ramps
for rasters and a query manager.

The overall feedback was very positive, and one common comment was that
qgis is much more intuitive to use than other gis software.

It always amaze the attendees to see how the bug reporting actually
works: one more time we reported bugs during the course and thanks to
developers(!) had a few fixed before the course was over.

cheers

-- Giovanni --

***
for example I still have the "gdal tools" issue under windows/osgeo4w