[Qgis-user] Updated GdalTools

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun May 16 12:41:47 PDT 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010 13:38:04 -0500, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> I didn't request it directly (just a general request of plugin
developers),
> but did you add a configuration option to set the path to the GDAL
> programs?  Applications (ie QGIS) on OS X don't get anything from the
shell
> environment, like the PATH, and so won't find the GDAL programs in the
GDAL
> framework (and on older systems for those that compile a non-framework
> GDAL, /usr/local/bin is not in the default PATH).
>
> There is a hidden mechanism to add environment variables to applications,
> but most OSX users won't know about it, and there is no built-in way to
> configure it (just a 3rd-party pref pane).

Hi William.
I recently realized this, during one of our courses. I would be happy of
fixing this, but I haven't a clue on how to do so. If you can send us a
patch (or suggest us a method), we'll be glad of applying it.
All the best.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc