[Qgis-user] Updated GdalTools

gustavocanale at pop.com.br gustavocanale at pop.com.br
Mon May 17 01:55:51 PDT 2010

Hi,
sorry for replying with a different problem and not a solution,
but maybe my question is also relevant to this discussion.
I am
trying to learn Qgis and use it as a platform during my lectures to
graduate and undergraduate students about landscape ecology.
I tried
to install Home Range_plugin and SDA4PP  and I got the message:
rpy2.robjects is missing.
I tried to install rpy2 using Python, but
to I couldn't make it work. As far as I know, rpy2 is just a plugin to
make GDAL work in Qgis via R. Is there a compiled version for GDAL that
would couple R and Qgis in a way that this could be used for Home Range
Analysis as well?

Many thanks
Gustavo

> I didn't request it directly (just a general request of plugin
> developers), but did you add a configuration option to set the path
to the
> GDAL programs?  Applications (ie QGIS) on OS X don't get
anything from the
> shell environment, like the PATH, and so won't
find the GDAL programs in
> the GDAL framework (and on older
systems for those that compile a
> non-framework GDAL,
/usr/local/bin is not in the default PATH).

> There is
a hidden mechanism to add environment variables to applications,

but most OSX users won't know about it, and there is no built-in way to
> configure it (just a 3rd-party pref pane).
>
> On
May 16, 2010, at 3:58 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Hi all.
>> GdalTools (AKA Raster Tools) as of v.1.1.15 has
undergone some major
>> improvements:
>> - more than
a command can be executed simultaneously
>> - in the meantime,
QGIS can still be used (useful for long-running
>> commands)
>> - there are 2 more notices for the user:
>> . one
that warns if one is trying to close a running tool
>> . one at
the completion of the execution
>> When a long running command
ends, the second message pops up in the
>> foreground.
>> https://trac.faunalia.it/GdalTools-plugin/
>> Thanks
to Giuseppe for the coding!
>> Feedback welcome.

All the best.
http://www.faunalia.it/pc

-----
> William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>

http://www.kyngchaos.com/

> "We are at war with
them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
> particular
pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is over.

That is my duty."

> "Don't you even hate
'em?"

> "What good would it do if I did? If
all the many millions of people of the
entire year exclusively to hating the ____ it
> wouldn't kill one
___ nor shorten the war one day."

> <Ha, ha>
"And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war