[Qgis-user] Updated GdalTools

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon May 17 02:10:16 PDT 2010

Olá Gustavo,

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 05:55 -0300, gustavocanale at pop.com.br wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for replying with a different problem and not a solution, but
> maybe my question is also relevant to this discussion.
> I am trying to learn Qgis and use it as a platform during my lectures
> to graduate and undergraduate students about landscape ecology.
> I tried to install Home Range_plugin and SDA4PP  and I got the
> message: rpy2.robjects is missing.
> I tried to install rpy2 using Python, but to I couldn't make it work.
> As far as I know, rpy2 is just a plugin to make GDAL work in Qgis via
> R. Is there a compiled version for GDAL that would couple R and Qgis
> in a way that this could be used for Home Range Analysis as well?

if you use QGIS under windows installed with the osgeo4w installer then
you need to install rpy2 with the same osgeo4w installer.

If you use qgis under linux then you may want to check in the package
manager of your distibution.

Other R libraries that are needed by the HR plugin and by the SDA4PP
need to be installed trough R or -under linux- trough the package
manager, if are available in it.

To run the HR plugin I believe that now the mimum R version is 2.10, you
will need also to install the R libraries rgdal, adehabitat and others,
see

http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/home-range-plugin-in-qgis/

abraços

-- Giovanni --